I also take on non-medical projects from time to time.
- Substantial work in the intersection between medicine and international development
- Many projects on international efforts to eradicate diseases such as HIV, TB and malaria
- Occasional projects “translating” US English into UK English, adapting documents to the UK market
I am a keen musician and I am very happy when my work and musical lives collide; if you need a French to English translation that is related to classical music, let me know, because I am immersed in music for much of my non-working life. The image on this page is my viola, which has accompanied me on many musical journeys.
I once translated:
- CD liner notes for a disc of contemporary piccolo music
- An interview with a philosopher of film
I teach on the MSc in Scientific, Technical and Medical Translation with Translation Technology at University College London, on the practical French to English translation module. This course was formerly hosted at Imperial College London, where I worked between 2007 and 2013.